FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF L'Espace Premiere questions
View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2005, 8:28 pm
flyiad

Programs: UA MP, Marriott Silver
Question AF L'Espace Premiere questions

Trying to burn some Delta Skymiles we ended up with FC award tickets on AF. IAD-CDG-FCO, then MUC-CDG-IAD. Lots of questions, hope some of you have insight!

First, which lounge(s) will be available to us at IAD? There doesn't seem to be an AF lounge -- can we use other SkyTeam lounges (DL, CO, NW)? If so, which is most worthwhile? I've seen signs for an "International FC" lounge at Dulles also (I think in the C concourse?). Not sure if that's near the AF departure gate or open to us?

Once at CDG, we have 2 hrs, 20 minutes to make our connection. It looks like we have to go from 2C to 2F. How does this work - is it similar to entering the US where you go through immigration, pick up bags, clear customs, then recheck bags? Is there time/incentive to visit the Arrivals lounge? I've arrived in CDG a few times previously without having to connect but it's all a blur - a bus ride, a long trek to immigration, disinterested customs, then another long trek to the RER... Can one easily walk among the various C terminals or are the shuttles mandatory? I checked the CDG thread but opinions seemed mixed on this.

How is the AF lounge at MUC? Are there other options there?

Don't know when we'll get to go FC again, so we want to make the most of it. Thanks for any help!