FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fly the concorde JFK-LHR for $1259 courtesy of Randy
Old Sep 17, 2005, 3:31 pm
divaof travel

Location: Baltimore - Hyatt Lifetime Diamond/Courtesy Card, UA 2M
Originally Posted by Shareholder
It is indeed sad to see you are so jaded by all the travel you must do to have attained those "lifetimes" that you can no longer find any sense of enjoyment or wonder in such an experience as Concorde. So be it. I agree there are many things in this world that rank high in one's life experience, most importantly the people we keep around us as friends and dear ones. But flying at supersonic speed does have its place in the upper rankings of this ordinary person's life experiences.
Hey, as dhuey says, it was still 3 hours in a tube, and several hours at each end with the hassles of traffic, immigrations, customs, baggage, etc.

I am not saying it is something I regret doing, but in my opinion, it is overrated. But I am blessed with a multitude of "life experiences" that are rare and unique. Just last month, for example, I went through the Panama Canal. To my surprise, I found it to be much more interesting than I expected.

Now to be among the first to be "teleported" would truly be a “life experience.” But you would still have to deal with immigrations.