FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Millions of Dollars in Executive Severances Are Back, Too
Old Sep 17, 2005, 11:13 am
longing4piedmont

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Several frequent posters on this website tried to file a brief against the bonus plan. We started the process too late, and in the end were unsuccessful in getting it filed in time.

I'm going to post what was to be the guts of the brief. To those employees who lurk here, I want you to know that several of your customers were willing to stand with you in this injustice and submit this on their own time and expense. For many of us, if not most of us, it hasn't been about points, miles or upgrades for a long time. You simply are the best.

After this post, I intend to do my best to but it behind me and move on. We lost the fight and now is the time to go forward and see what is on the horizon. I really don't want to talk about this management team any more. As my tag now says, I'm no longer a cockroach. I've moved on and doubt that I will be back.

Outiline from the brief...

The US Airways Executive Bonus Plan should be rejected and excluded from the Plan of Reorganization:

The very word bonus implies by definition that something extraordinary was accomplished! To date as customers we have seen reductions in cleanliness of aircraft, on time performance, and the loss of large number of high yield frequent flyers due to declining customer service and uncompetitive pricing policies.

The Department of Transportation (DOT) Statistics support the above contention that the current management team has not performed in a manner consistant with earning performance bonuses. In fact one could argue based solely on performance that the current executives owe the customers of US Airways a refund.

The most severe example of US Airways continued and ongoing failure to manage its affairs is what has been called the Christmas Meltdown by US Airways Chief Executive Officer Bruce Lakefield and others in the media. A 43 page DOT report details the events leading up to the incident and the companies response. 72,000 lost or delayed bags and their associated delivery and goodwill costs demonstrate the ineptness of the current management team.

It is our opinion that given the facts of the current situation US Airways Senior Management has not demonstrated to the flying public in general and to the petitioners in particular that their performance was exemplary and worthy of additional remuneration. Therefore we respectfully petition the court to reject the proposed bonus and retention plan.

Last edited by longing4piedmont; Sep 17, 2005 at 11:18 am