FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Still no refund from Hurricane Katrina cancellation
Old Sep 17, 2005, 12:36 am
AdamATL

Programs: Airline free agent; Starwood Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
Still no refund from Hurricane Katrina cancellation

I had a fully pre-paid reservation at the Wyndham Bourbon Orleans for Labor Day weekend. Obviously, I could not go due to Hurrican Katrina. I called Wyndham reservations two days before my check-in date to cancel the reservationa and was told a refund would be processed.

After about a week with no refund, I called back and was told that the refund would be processed once the New Orleans hotel was back up and running. I told them that could take months and was unacceptable.

They referred me to their corporate headquarters. When I called I was transferred to someone who was apparently handling the hurricane-related refunds. He said they were having a hard time "getting a system in place to issue refunds" and that the prepayment had been sent to the local franchise. I told him what a PR embarrassment this was for Wyndham but he only got curt with me. So, I asked for a number to the office of the CEO... to which he resonded, "We actually don't hae a CEO right now."

Eventually I spoke with Brenda Garner in Revenue Management. She was nice enouch but made excuses about not knowing how much the refund should be for, etc, etc. I told her I could provide all that and I faxed it to her. She promised to get back with me as soon as a refund could be issued. She called me about three days later and said a refund would be issued in about a week. UGH! At this point, still no refund.

I've left a message for Brenda Garner and for Tim Fielding (Executive Vice President & Chief Accounting Officer). I got his number by calling the corporate headquarters after hours, and using the automated "dial-by-name" option. I'll be waiting for a call from one or both of them on Monday.

Needless to say, Wyndham won't see me at one of their hotels anytime in the future.