FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Starting TODAY - No 50% off fare for child under 2!!!
Old Sep 16, 2005, 10:30 am
crazyrunner

Programs: USAirways Gold, Marriott Platnium, Starwood Gold
Exclamation Starting TODAY - No 50% off fare for child under 2!!!

Called the Gold line today to book upcoming flights PHL - SAN for business. I still haven't been able to figure out how to view/book "A" fares on usairways.com (but that is a topic for another thread - if in fact "A" fares survive the merger).

Agent was very helpful, I first tried to use DM to upgrade to FC but NOTHING was available. So she found "A" fares for all of my trips. Anyway, I asked her to put them on hold so I could confirm dates with client, etc.

We engaged in some friendly banter about the upcoming merger, changes, etc. She said that changes were already happening DAILY. She received a memo when she arrived this morning that effective IMMEDIATELY, there is no longer a discount for a seat purchased for a child under 2 years of age. Previously, there was a 50% discount on the fare if you chose to buy a seat for an infant. She said she had at least two reservations on hold from yesterday that she could not honor because of the change.

Now I'm pretty sure this particular change won't have great impact on the readers here (unlike the power outlets ). However, it does make you wonder what other surprises are in store over the next couple of weeks??

CR