FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oversold in F. Bumped. Offered?? Nothing.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 7:15 pm
Snowdevil

Originally Posted by mtacchi
Yep. Had a resv. ticketed 1 hr prior to departure. Showed up at gate in ANC. Agent had F filled already, put me on the later flight and said deal with it. No involuntary bump compensation, she wouldn't even discuss it. Handed me my new BP and said take it or leave it.

This on a paid $770 OW F class ticket.
The part in boldface is key, because you've said you TICKETED your reservation an hour before the flight.

Here's my question - at what time did you actually show up for the flight?

Because if you weren't checked in and ready to board within 30 minutes of the flight's scheduled departure time, the agents DO have the right to cancel your seat and reassign it to someone else without compensating you for the inconvenience:

http://www.alaskaair.com/www2/help/faqs/Boarding.asp

Boarding - 30 Minute Rule

To accommodate everyone wishing to travel on your flight, you must be checked–in and available to board at the designated boarding gate at least 30 minutes before scheduled departure for domestic or 40 minutes for international flights, except on 2000 series flights between Seattle/Portland, which require only 20 minutes. Failure to do so may cause the cancellation of reserved seats and cancellation of the entire reservation.