FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone experience Nightmare with US Air New International Customer Service
Old Sep 15, 2005, 11:47 am
tarkaboy

Originally Posted by tdisciple
Exactly,

I had much frustration over these new untrained international call center. I have to speak VERY Slow and REPEAT myself Several times to be understood by Customer service.

I book my flight in Business and some of the segment was not availabe when I reserved them. I specifically asked (this is 4 weeks ago when the customer service was still American), and they say I that could upgrade to business when the flight become available.

Last week, I was greeted by the new international call center. After explaining the situation for about 5 minutes, I was put on hold for 10 minutes, and was informed that I have to pay $50.00/person for upgrades.

I was shocked, but the rep still insist that this is voluntrary changed to the award ticket. so I asked to speak with supervisor. She put me on hold for 30 minutes before finally admitting that she was mistaken, and there is no fee for this change.

I don't know whether they have supervisor or not in that center. Sometimes a simple request will took about 4-5 minutes before they reply. Many other unfortunates, and stressfull incidents happened afterward.

US Airways, please change your call center back in US. or TRAIN your new people there and hire some capable persons, will you??
The same has happened to me multiple times over the last 3-4 weeks. I am glad that I already have several Lufthansa tickets, but cannot make any changes in them these days.