FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WHO in US is responsible for the codeshare pricing?
Old Sep 14, 2005, 2:13 pm
dirkman

Programs: AA EXP, former US1; IHG Spire Ambassador; AVIS First
Originally Posted by sts603
I beg to differ with a lot of this.....

1.) Do we have evidence of a pull-back in code-share flights after the HP merger?

2.) In my experience I have booked more US tickets for flights on UA or a combo that were cheaper through US than vice versa.

3.) The code-sharing ticket arangement has an enormous advantage for flights such as PHL-ORD-DSM or even more so a flight like ITH-PHL-SFO-PDX where both carriers do not serve the destination and origin city.

4.) The reason for the price discrepency is quite clear as US Airways Fan noted. It's the same with every code-sharing agreement in the world to my knowledge.
Yep. I book at the last minute quite often, usually a few days, sometimes a few hours from departure, but often, tickets for UA flights at usairways.com are considerably more expansive than they are if I simply book the tickets thru UA directly. Even with personal travel, which is booked in advance, I have yet to see usairways.com offer me a better price on a UA codeshare flight than any of the other site.

My bad luck and poor timing, I suppose.