FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 30 dead in old age pension
View Single Post
Old Sep 12, 2005, 10:39 am
oklAAhoma

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
peachfront I am terribly sorry you have lost your property. As I am terribly sorry that many friends, family members, and whole bunch of people I don't know lost lives and property during the storm.

You made a lot of incorrect assumptions and some rather extreme accusations in your previous post... but I realize you have been through a very stressful situation recently. A situation that I know that I can't truly comprehend. However, I think you are being unfair when you assume that no one from outside the region (including me) has the right to hold an opinion about this.

While I am sincerely glad to hear that the evacuation went well for you, I am saddened that it did not go so well for my best friend's mother, for her husband (a fireman) who worked round the clock to rescue people in NO, and for a host of friends and family in LA and Mississippi. While I wasn't there myself, I have their first hand accounts of the situation and I'll just leave it by saying that their version is much different than yours.

Good luck with your rebuilding. I hope that you and your family are able to recover from this as quickly as possible.