FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ORY lounge : Patio
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2005, 11:07 pm
Falco Peregrinus

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Originally Posted by fredsxb
I'm flying Alizé to RUN... Read it was about the same than regular economy; economy class in flights to the indian ocean or the west indies being very inferior to economy class on other routes... Any comments?
I have been in Alizé once (upgraded from Frequence Plus Bleu between ORY and RUN). I did the inbound segment (RUN-ORY) in coach and I really saw the difference. With the new configuration of COI B747, Alizé is on the upper deck cabin only, a very nice place. Now the big difference between Alizé and standard coach is food. COI coach food has nothing to do with AF's international coach food, which people often find quite good, according to this site.

Alizé will get you the 50% level miles bonus (same as l'Espace Affaires ^ ) so for those who need a (not so) cheap mileage run, the week in RUN at the end of the year (summertime in RUN) could be a nice way to get plenty of miles (5,821x3 with the COS bonus). They even used to have special "double your miles" offers in May (46,568 miles for Platinums in Alize! ! ! ) but I haven't seen them this year. I suppose this route is doing well, after the bankruptcy of Air Bourbon )