FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]
Old Sep 9, 2005, 12:54 am
PremEx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I also like the free internet, this time it was a cable in place of the wireless.
Next time fire up your wireless if you'd like. The entire hotel is covered by free Wi-Fi. It's just that the rooms in the West Tower also have Ethernet cable hi-speed in them. You might have seen that and not realized there was Wi-Fi too.

The slow elevator issues should be address in the future.
They did indeed. They've fixed the slow doors and the several second "stall" before the lifts start moving. It's a great improvement for the West Tower elevators. But once they're moving...it's still the old slow hydraulic lift speed as before. They probably can't improve that too much. But just the fact that they fixed the speed of the doors and the stall time...really is a welcomed improvement.

They recently switched from one hotel management computer system to another here. I was here the day they did it. What a disaster. I could tell 'ya stories! Back over a week later and the Front Desk folks are still cussing at the new system. And it doesn't seem to be talking to Starwood very well either. Better plan on some patience and understanding if you're going to be staying here in the near future...until they get all the bugs ironed out.

On the subject of this constantly improving property...the Palm Grill Restaurant may look the same, but they've made some nice improvements in the kitchen. My last several meals here have been really great with nice new presentations to boot.