FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa, NH [Master Thread]
Old Sep 8, 2005, 8:56 pm
general45
Original Member

I stayed here at end of July. I was upgraded to a spacious ocean view room with a sitting area and balcony(small). Grounds were clean. Staff was very attentive. Concierge lounge was closed on the weekend. The hotel has matured graciously since the last time I stayed here. My only complaint is the breakfast line in the morning with too many people giving the "do you know who I am" attitude when arriving for breakfast and a staff that seems to give in by bypassing patrons who have been waiting much longer( and no these "patrons" don't have reservations, just arrogance). I, like SANDIEGO 1K also ate at Morrisons (I saw it while crossing the bridge into Maine from N.H. It was indeed a very nice piece of property with seating on a pier overlooking the Piscataqua River. My wife and I had a lackluster lobster roll($14.00@), 1 order of steamer clams($14.00,about 15 or 20 steamers) and 2 soda's($3.00@) for $48.00. I am from Maine and this is what the natives call a ripoff.You can do much better at Warrens just up the street(same river view with some outside seating,larger portions,gigantic salad bar,better food quality) or other establishments that dot the Maine coastline. But back to the hotel; you will be very happy with the overall look and feel of the hotel. It is a property that has been resurrected to its former splendor.

Last edited by general45; Sep 8, 2005 at 9:00 pm