FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA not opening seats for US2?
View Single Post
Old Sep 6, 2005, 3:56 pm
LPCJr

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by jhpark
I just called and got an agent who *seemed* to know what he was talking about, so I wanted to get some corroboration or contradiction here.

Apparently there was a recent change, where United is pre-assigning seats for only half the available seats, and the rest are only available on day of checkin. As a US2 I used to be able to get them to release a seat for me, but now they saying that because of United preferreds who complained about the lack of seats, they're not allowing US elite to do that anymore until day of checkin.... ?????

Is this a new policy or is this just an agent who doesn't have a clue? I had two different agents tell me essentially the same thing, though one went into more detail than the other.

This is UA ticket, UA metal, but with my US FF number

?????
I ran into the same thing. A supervisor gave in after it became clear I wasn't going to relent. If you go to the Economy Plus section of united.com, they list the requirements to the a seat there. One of the choices is *A Gold or Silver. It states that E+ is available first-come, first-served. Nothing is mentioned about anyone having to wait until check-in.