View Single Post
Old Sep 6, 05, 3:52 pm
exerda
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ghhoughton
- US has a higher % of coach to first class (US A321 vs UA 757) which are usually the planes I fly on
UA is also adding / has added F to most of their regional jets. Personally, I've never been thrilled with any domestic F product, though. The UA 757 is one of the better planes to be almost assured your u/g will clear (24 F seats) but isn't exactly anything to write home about.

UA's p.s. flights have an awfully nice C product, far better than any domestic F I've seen.

- Bankruptcy always lingering w/ US
Well, UA has been lingering in bankruptcy court for three years now, so I'm not sure what you get over US there.

- UA Visa Signature offers EQM's for each $1 spent vs US Visa Signature giving 10k preferred miles after spending $25k
Up to 5k EQM, and only for purchases from United.com (though it could be for a DL flight for all they care--just has to be through that awful site United.com). They had a double RDM offer for those same purchases as well. I believe their Platinum Signature Visa offers bonus EQMs if you spend $35k.

- Concerned about tier status of US DM after HP merger. Could get UA to comp current status (US Gold)
Not likely that they will comp your US status. It's been done before, but about as rarely as comping to UA 1K (i.e. almost never). You may have luck getting another airline's comp and then having UA comp that.