FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HP F/As are hurting
View Single Post
Old Sep 6, 2005, 4:29 am
AIRBUS GIRL

Have to reply to these posts - I have been an AWA flight attendant for 21 years. If this merger goes down, I am powerless to stop the date of hire policy that is in place by my union AFA unless a MAJOR outpouring takes place. This DOH policy will affect my career for as long as I work here. I respect Doug Parker for what he has done to turn this airline around and make me proud to be an employee. Even he has stated that he does not one single AWA employee to be harmed by this merger. Well, if AFA National has their way and we go with DOH, then EVERY AWA flight attendant will feel that effect for the rest of their careers. We are trying to band together and get the word out, but we are very troubled as to what the future holds. USAir right now is proposing a 1 1/2 year fence, meaning that after that time the number of USAir f/a coming into PHX - based on those leaving (usually junior f/a) will happen. If that number coming in is senior to me then I move down in seniority which affects EVERY aspect of my life. We really want this to work out, we want the product to remain stable (and get better) but we do not want to see any AWA employee getting screwed in the meantime. The DOH policy is not a by-law and CAN be changed at the BOD meeting in October. Hopefully we will have our "ducks in a row" by then. Your "HOMETOWN AIRLINE" employees will fight this as long as we can. We have been here since the beginning and we will be here in the end.