FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Companion Upgrade when purchasing F Seat
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2005, 2:58 pm
sts603
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by PHL INTL TERMINAL
I booked a flight from PHL-MCO and because of the times I am flying, the lowest fare available was in FC on the outbound and coach on the return (Sun-Thurs itinerary - price around $400 or so I think).

I have a co-worker flying on the same outbound flight and for whatever reason, our travel agency was able to find him (at the same price) a coach fare on the outbound. So I call US and ask for companion upgrade (I am US Gold) and they tell me that I can't upgrade him since I'm on a purchased F seat. Is this true? This makes no sense at all. She told me that if I had purchased a coach fare, I could upgrade him at the 3 day window, but since I'm already in first I couldn't upgrade him. Is this true or is this just plain nonsense? She also said she confirmed it with her manager.

Any help will be most appreciated.
That's about as counter-intuitive as it gets.....

I would say - well fine, cancel the F seat rebook iinto Y and upgrade immediately and refnud the difference (if there was one - doesnt seem like thats the case on this route)