FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unprofessional Flight Crew
View Single Post
Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:34 am
phxhome

Unprofessional Flight Crew

September 1, 2005 HP Flight #10 ORD-PHX

Wow! I had an unbelieveable experience last night on the above mentioned flight. About 2hrs into the flight one of the two main cabin flight attendants went into the flight deck. No big deal right? While she was in there the FC flight attendant had to block access to the forward lav until she came out. Sounds normal, right? Well.....she didn't come out for an hour! After about 30 minutes of standing there with her arms up the FC FA started to get upset (although she was VERY professional and handled the whole situation quite well). During this time the movie ended and we all know that people make a break for the lav.... Well we obviously couldn't use the FC lav and the line was at least 20 people deep in the main cabin. People were getting upset (especially us in FC). The other main cabin FA came up and was also quite annoyed and told the FC FA to call the captain. The captain told her to just let people use the forword lav as the flight attendant that was in there was doing something on his computer. ???? I can't imagine that she should "just let people go ahead and use the lav". Also when she finally came out, the FC FA wasn't informed and there was someone up and in the FC lav when the flight deck door was opened....Amazing! I felt bad for the other two FA who had to work without the third FA. What if something went wrong with the flight or in the cabin?

I'm going to cut and paste this to americawest.com/feedback. Does anyone know who else should hear this?