FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So do I need 75k or 100k this year?
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2005, 10:21 am
mac5192117

Programs: HP, UA, SW
Originally Posted by TK-421
Ah, thanks for the link. Well, let me hijack my own thread and ask fellow FT'ers if you are altering your travel habits this year in anticipation of a new threshold? Anyone doing special mileage runs to hit 100k?
Don't forget many HP elite flyers acheived their status through segments, not total miles. I know many FF people who have major concerns regarding segments counts going forward as opposed to total miles. I too have this concern. I will fly about 120 segments this year with HP but will get nowhere near 100K miles. I certainly put up with more hassels in airports than say a 125K flyer, flying on long hauls on only, say, 75 segments a year. Probably not worth anything to anyone but this is my 2 cents worth.

I hope, as other have mentioned on another thread, that HP will live up to their deal with regards to elite levels for 2006. It would not be fair to change the program 10 months into the current year. After 06 it could be changed but they will sure loose a lot of plats and golds. The free upgrades are a fair exchange for the hassel of flying today. It used to be fun, now its a pain. There needs to be a trade-off and this helps, in my opinion.

If HP does make changes that make it more difficult to achieve elite status, I will certainly change my flying habits. If WN had assigned seats, I'd be gone tomorrow. More convient schedules but not always the lowest fairs. Usually better service though. And if the F upgrades are not available any longer, what is the advantage of flying HP? And WN does not have those **?#@%? RJ's!!!!

Last edited by mac5192117; Sep 1, 2005 at 10:25 am