FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will changes be harder on HP FF’s or US FF’s?
Old Aug 24, 2005, 9:54 pm
enviroian
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by JenniferNAz
I have started reading the US board in addition to this one to keep up on merger information.

It seems to me that although US is bigger than HP, the new combined airline is going to be more like HP than US. With the management team and the fact that it will be a LCC, it seems that there will be more changes in the FF program and airline rules for those currently with US than with those who fly HP.

Would you all agree with this? It seems to me that some US fliers are going to be in for some eye opening changes soon.

Who will be having more changes coming up, current HP fliers or current US fliers?

Jennifer
I'm waiting with baited breath. I find it interesting that US's program gives 100% mileage bonus at the gold level, vs. our Plat level. Their upgrade window at gold on non full fares are the same at 2 days, but 4 days out for the CP level (which of course is at a tier 25K miles above our Plat level). All in all it should be interesting.

Ian