FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Worth reading if you have an ANZ credit card - rental excess +Roadside Asist bennies
Old Aug 23, 2005, 9:14 pm
ozstamps
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
As an example this was a case in point from March this year, renting from Atlanta:

On http://www.driveaway.com.au I got for 4 days a $A348 all up price which it says covers - and it is clearly an Alamo car as it says so!:

YOUR RENTAL FROM ALAMO RENT A CAR INCLUDES

* Local tax as of booking date 07-Mar-2005
* Unlimited kilometres.
* Rental includes Collision Damage coverage which limits potential vehicle damage liability to an excess of approximately ZERO.
* Rental includes Theft Protection for the vehicle which limits potential vehicle damage liability to an excess of approximately ZERO.
* Third Party Liability Insurance for injuries or damages to persons or things outside the vehicle.
* Extended Liability Protection

* Sales Tax.
* State Taxes.
* Airport fee where applicable.
* Vehicle Licensing Fee.
* 24 Hour Roadside Assistance.

RENTAL DOES NOT INCLUDE

* Insurance for personal injuries / damage to drivers and passengers, optional coverage may be offered locally for an additional fee.
* Petrol: In order to avoid refuelling charges, client is advised to return the vehicle with a full fuel tank and to retain copies of petrol receipts.
* Local toll, highway fees or travel stickers which may be required by local authorities.
* Additional supplier levied charges may apply.

Go to Alamo website and choose same Chevvy Cavalier for same 4 days, same ATL collect and drop, and tick insurance and I got $A423.51 all up. Or about $A80 difference.

However the ANZ policy covered injury to US pax in the car I believe, unless we were negligent, and the other covers did not.