FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Confirmed in FC seat 4A, get to EWR and I'm in seat 21B- compensation?
Old Jan 21, 2003, 5:53 am
EWR-COflyer

This happened to me on late 2001. I was confirmed on in FC on a 777 to IAH for a connection and when I arrived I had *no seat* at all, nada. I was put on the standby list They had downgraded the equipment from a 777 to a 73G and "decommited" something like 125 pax. There was a prob w/ another 777 going to Europe so they took this one instead.

Needless to say, I was not the only one in this dillemma. Not to sound callous, but at least you got a seat... I got bounced off the freakin' flight! After several calls I was told (who knows if it is true) that their computer system really has no provision to "protect" Elites when equipment changes. Almost like first come, first served for getting the new seats... and everyone else is S.O.L.

Of course it did not stop there... they were albe to work out a new flight plan to get me to my destination, leaving about 4 hours later. When I inquired about my checked bag I was told that there was nothing they could do about it... huh? two hours 'til departure and then I leave four hours later and there's nothing that can be done? gimmie a break? well to top it off, my bag that was supposed to get in on my original flight before I did, wound up being *misplaced* for a while and came in the next day sometime.

How can I forget the "and then" portion of my saga? when I showed up for my return flight I was informed that my itinerary had been cancelled due to the fact that I skipped the outbound flight! the one that I was kinda bounced off! that's a whole other story all together...

and yes, I was compensated for my troubles...