FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France Business Class within Europe
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2005, 2:05 am
rangerss75

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold
The person I was replying to was commenting that you got plastic on US flights. Did you read the post I replied to?

Derrico, this really isn't personal, and this is my last post on the subject, but either I haven't explained myself very well, or you haven't understood my post. I tried harder in my second post. But nowhere in my original post did I state that you got plastic on US flights. In my description of AF intra Europe Business Class, not US First, I commented (like others before me) that presentation, which used to be much better, was a weak point. I singled out plastic for a particular mention.

If someone is making comparisons between US and Euro domestic based on incorrect assumptions, I will say what I like.

I had hoped that it was clear from my two posts that I wasn't making any assumptions at all. I was describing my actual experience of two products and, in particular, in two similar areas. I wasn't comparing UA Pacific service on a LAX - JFK (which, I understand, is great) with a fifty minute hop from LHR to CDG. I was, if you like, trying to compare the comfort and meal service on something like a 737-300 or Airbus 318 or 319 in the configurations of US domestic First and AF European business class, on flights of, say, two to three hours duration. Perhaps I should have made that clearer, but I thought the examples of flights I had taken recently would serve to show what I was talking about. In answer to a question about European airlines not having a business class product, I was trying to say that there is a premium cabin service on AF short/medium haul flights in Europe and that, in my opinion, it is better than that provided in First on similar flights in the US.

Yes, I did rant about the awful sandwich on a five-and-a-half hour flight, and the lack of food on most of my flights on three airlines - sometimes even at meal times and on flights of three or more hours duration. But wouldn't you?

All the best!

Last edited by rangerss75; Aug 19, 2005 at 2:32 am Reason: grammar and punctuation