FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Hawaii Kamaaina Spg Rate
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2005, 5:49 pm
logisnews

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UAL 1K 2MM, AA Million Mile Gold
These will ask for a drivers lisc.

I got a rate from The Sheraton Black Rock that was supposedly "Ocean View" and when we checked in, even though we got speical treatment (a special checkin point) because of my Platinum status, I was very disappointed. The "ocean view" was a view facing into another building (I could, barely, see the ocean reflected off the glass). This has been my experience with many "Kama'aina" rates... they save some of the least desirable rooms for these rates.

I did go back and talk to management about it and they "upgraded" me to an ocean "front" (versus "view") room that was qute unimpressive... off in a different building (building 6?) with it's own parking lot.... lots of dirty laundry in the halls (big totes on wheels that were parked there for much of the day.

I decided not to push the issue and left it as it was as it was a long walk back to the front desk.

Anyway, long story short, I have had some great Kama'aina experiences (Sheraton Keahou Beach on the big island was great) as a *wood Gold member and some lousy ones as Platinum. I'm sure there are people who've had a great time, sometimes it's just luck of the draw I guess.