FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Retention bonus
Thread: Retention bonus
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2005, 8:41 am
ohmark

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by CheVive
Just called, phone was answered on the first ring by an extremely pleasant and helpful agent. Offered 5k points without any hassle. Certainly made made me feel good about extending my membership by another year.

Lets hope this is indicative of the service we get in the future.
That would be nice; but your experience, for now, simply underscores the wildly inconsistent state of DC customer service. Once again, how you are treated by CS depends entirely on who answers the phone. You were lucky. Beerman was not. Months ago, I dealt with a retention rep who treated me just as you were treated; pleasantly and helpfully. But judging by this thread and others, many DC holders have had to deal with incompetent CS reps who apparently had little or no DC training, and without a clue as to the high level of customer service most of us have come to expect from DC over the years. By the way, as to your bonus offer, you may or may not get a confirmation letter, and the bonus may or may not post, based on other threads. You should check your statement to make sure the bonus posts properly.