FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH Takeover: Your fears for LX Travelclub? - Everybody post please
Old Aug 11, 2005, 2:35 am
Volvic

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
Originally Posted by draker
Quote: If an integration happens why should I pay more to receive less miles, especially for flights within Europe??? AirBerlin offers competitive rates from ZRH (e.g. to Hamburg or Berlin)...

I agree with all the advantes mentioned by the other posters. Up to now I have always managed to pick LX flights proposed by our corporate travel agency for status and full miles accreditation reason. Should status levels or mileage accreditation change significantly with a Swiss M&M program I will not opose to fly Air Berlin (>50 round-trips in the last 12 months, where I flew with LX and could have gone for AB), Iberia or BA any longer and join their respective FFP.
I'm playing the bad guy once again.
Why should a full service airline try to compete with a LCC to win a non high spending customer ?
No offence meant, I'm one of the non high spending customer too (i.e. only cheap restrictive economy for me).