FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speeding Ticket help in BC
View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 2005, 10:28 pm
cattle

Speeding Ticket help in BC

So I did some searching and the points raised do not cover my situation.

Got my first speeding ticket in 18 years today Got nailed going 112km in a 90km passing zone going past a slow moving vehicle just outside Williams Lake The officer who got me was driving towards me and it was bad luck more than a trap.

He dropped the ticket from $192 to $138 and I can knock off another $25 if I pay within 30 days bringing to down to $113.

Here's the description on the ticket:

Description of Offense: Speed NO SPEED INDICATED anywhere on the form

Section: 146 (3)

Ticketed Amount: $138.00

Registered Owner Name: They left this blank but did put my name properly on the issued section

Some of the people I know at the hotel here told me that if they do not list any speed on the ticket then you can fight it.

Here are the questions:

Is the ticket even valid if there is not speed indicated.

Since no speed is listed does this just make it a "ticket" and demerit points will not apply? Would I have any grounds to fight this?

Will a ticket that does not list my speed on it affect my insurance as there is not indication of how far over I was?

Those are the questions that come to mind right now. Like I said, never had a ticket and don't know if he lowered this to under 15k over so it's only $$$ or if there are points involved. I can live with the fine but if I can get out of the points that would of course be preferred

Counting the time for Taupo to respond