View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2005, 2:17 pm
HON_Hunter

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Meilensammler
according to an article in the fvw
What's "fvw" standing for?

- check-in and print of boarding pass on your computer at home (starting Aug 15th on the TXL-FRA route)
Well, I alway hated those paper slips...I'd rather get myself a "hard-copy at the quick-check-in!

- separate lanes (check-in,security, passport-controll and boarding) with the fastet ways for First-Class ...
Bring it on!

- Barcode check-in via handy (tests will start end of 2005)
What's that good for? Does that mean you don't have to get a BP anymore? Checking in with SMS is just working fine for me ...

-fast arrival and departures procedures with biometrical process
Well, hopefully LH is having good partners, since if you look at those dusty INSPASS machines at selected US stations it does not seem to have worked that well. At FRA, I almost always use the "manual" immigration line since its often quicker than the Iris-Scan. But, they started to improve it ... since a couple of weeks, the machines talk to you ;o)

- more VIP-Lounges (new one in DUS and bigger ones elsewhere, also for arriving passengers)
Can't have enough of those.....

- sigificantly more first-class passengers (around 20 %) since the opening of the new First-Class Terminal in FRA
- Hon-Circle introduction helped to generate more revenue
Just funny, if you remeber how many people in this forum believed LH was to undertake a great mistake in focusing on just a very small percentage of its customers .... still doesn't say if they earn money with it...

- New boarding-procedure starting very shortly: either starting with the back-rows or boarding different zones. This will be strictly enforced by ground-staff (has not been before)
Wonder if that will ever work in Germany....

- more quick boarding gates (many more to be installed in MUC), soon also in FRA
...will they install new software that recognizes boarding zones then?

- In September LH will start visual waitlist in FRA. At gate A13 the first letters of waitlisted and confirmed passengers will be displayed on a screen to avoid lanes and time consuming prcedures at the counter. These screens, that will also display other inormation like weather at the destination, reasons for delay etc will be installed all over FRA.
It won't take long and some Datenschützer will scream that this is all unacceptable ;o) Well, travelling in the US I got used to it and I beleive it really is a nice info enhancement (especially when those calls from the agents at the desk can barely be understood due to surrounding noise and pronounciation)...

...my five cents
Cheers HON_Hunter