FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Prince Toronto [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2005, 7:35 pm
mcgahat

Programs: It's Complicated...
I thought I would give and update on this hotel of my stay over the last weekend. First, I have stayed at a lot ot Toronto hotels and had a very mixed experience both with SPG and and Hilton. This hotel was definitely one of the better experiences.

First, we booked a the Westin 75 promotion where they give you $75 usd towards incidentals at check out on your room bill. The rate was $135CDN per night so all in all a pretty good deal especially since I wanted to try this hotel for a while.

I emailed to ask about parking and was given a rather confusing answer, "overnight parking is free and valet is $18 per night"....I know something just wasnt right with that answer but said the credit will take care of it anyway so whatever. When I arrived the true parking charge was $9 per night for self and $12 per night for valet according to the valet. We opted for the self parking as it is pretty close to the entry to the hotel.

The staff was friendly from the bell staff, check-in staff and restaurant and room service. Service is one of their greates features. We did not get to use the pool or workout facitlities so can not coment on that but all of the dining establishments and room service was used and the service was excellent as well as the food quality.

The room was nice, the upgraded us to a deluxe high room floor which was good but nothing spectacular but plenty big. My wife thought the bathroom was old looking.....I thought it was fine with a seperate tub and shower setup and yes it was a little dated but this hotel is fairly dated as it is but not old in my opinion.

The location really doesnt have anything going for it for me but easy access to the highway and not too busy really so that has its plus.

Although I enjoyed my stay, I will probably be staying at the Four points near the airport as the room they give me as a plat is great and there is free parking and free internet but if I find a good rate on the prince I would not hesitate to stay there again as they did everything very well and I had no complaints.