FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PHX Reservations damaged...
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2005, 1:56 am
TravelMann

You'd think they would extend the hours temporarily back to 24 hours a day at the unaffected call centers to help re-distribute some of the call overflow. I still think it's ridiculous for a major US airline to "close" at night. I'm surprised they didn't extend the hours for the busy summer season like retail stores do during the holidays even before the Phoenix problems.

Almost every purchased reservation I have in My Trips does not have an option to change it online. You can book award travel online, but you can't change it or request a simple re-deposit. I despise the new change that doesn't even allow you to hold an award reservation for 24 hours, literally forcing you to phone them to cancel/change and redeposit. I understand the reasoning but a 24 hour hold and then the reservation cancels hasn't exactly hurt the regular paid reservation system where it's the standard. There's still so much you cannot do online and still many more people who just don't *do* online, my spousal unit being one of them.