FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH Takeover: Your fears for LX Travelclub? - Everybody post please
Old Aug 3, 05, 9:37 am
Frequent_Flyer1

Programs: LX SEN, BA GGL/CCR, IC Plat A, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Plat, regularly in FS & RC
Thanks you Michael. I almost forgot about that... ^ Okay, here are my worst thoughts:

1) As you said, I'm also afraid of a complete integration into M&M. Especially concering "Collecting miles" and "miles needed to get status". Because I won't be able to fly 100.000 miles once every two years to requalify as a Senator. Senator needs a completely different flying habit than 50.000 miles once a year with LX. If an integrations happens, I will definitely switch to another FF-program!!!

2) Another important-factor is that you get 100% miles on every fare! What about the ridiculous offerings of M&M? But to be honest, I think this will stop sooner or later regardless of a possible integration into M&M. As Mr. Franz said in a interview some weeks ago: "otherwise there would be arbitrage-possibilities". Another drop of an item

3) Very good award conditions: 8 segment awards with one open jaw and a stopover. M&M is quite stringy about free flights.