FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Current state of F snack service?
View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 2005, 10:20 pm
AS Flyer

That article was a joke. It was riddled with inaccurate statements.

It mentions that PSA was doing just fine without US Air. While the end result of the buy out by US Air was not what people were hoping for, it kept PSA out of the bankruptcy courts at the time. PSA was bleeding red ink and would have been out of business soon had it not been for US Air. They were a fun airline but not a profitable one.

We don't pass out "a box of snacks" to replace the "once decent meal". He claims to get a prayer card in this box but if he's getting a box of snacks then I want to know whos serving them because I've never seen them.

He talks about Horizon's "cozy fleet of Metros". RJ's got nothing on those Metros as far as being uncomfortable goes. Those planes were tiny little planes that a claustrophobic person would be well advised to avoid at all costs. The ONLY good thing they had going for them was that there was one seat on each side. They also carried 19 passengers, not "10-12 people".

I especially like the part where he criticizes Alaska for spreading east. He says "the rich west coast wasn't good enough". Apparently he's not aware that revenues going east are typically better. Even his beloved PSA flew to Denver at one time and was trying to fly into Dallas and Houston. Had PSA survived they surely would be flying east as well. Businesses don't prosper by remaining stagnant these days.

Articles like these just frustrate me. Someone with no concept of the airline business other than getting on a plane and getting from point A to point B and getting a meal on the way. While I'll agree (how could I not?!?!) that our on time record is nothing short of embarassing these days, he couldn't be more wrong about much of the rest of his article.