FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SDC Clarification
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2005, 6:11 pm
El Boocho

Originally Posted by Robert Leach
It sounds like you've gotten some bad information.

Same Day Confirmed allows you to confirm a different flight beginning at the three hour mark prior to your desired new flight. It has nothing to do with the flight you're already booked on. For example, you're booked at 10 a.m. for a flight, but you want to take the 5 p.m. flight that same day. Under SDC, you would be eligible to confirm a seat on the 5 p.m. flight beginning three hours before that departure time, i.e., 2 p.m. Once again, it has nothing to do with your original flight time. The caution here is that under this system, you would -- in the example above -- miss your original flight intentionally, and there is no guarantee when the three hour mark comes around that seats would be available on your desired flight.

For this reason, in general the program works better when you want to take a flight earlier than your original departure.

As far as routing, I don't think it matters. I know for a fact that you can change from a connection to a nonstop as long as origin and destination are the same, so I don't think there would be any prohibition in changing to a different connecting city. The only exception to this would occur if your original fare did not allow a connection in a specific city; in this event, you wouldn't be able to book it, I don't think.

The other caveat here is that you cannot go into a co-terminal using SDC. For example, if you're booked into LGA and you want to go SDC on a flight to JFK, you can't.
Thanks. This makes sense and was my read of what delta.com said. Unfotunately, the misinformation was clouding my judgement/making me second guess myself. I actually want to go earlier so I think I am safe. It seems like DL always holds a F seat or 2 until just before departure, as such I'm hopeful I can grab one. Row 7 on the 764 might be taken, but I'm sure I'll manage