FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HP Misconnect to Intl flight. Am I entitled?
Old Jul 28, 2005, 11:45 am
formeraa
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by SDF_Traveler
Jaimito -

I am glad things worked out for you in the end.

In the future, to get everything on one ticket, have you tried going to a site such as Travelocity and doing a multi-city booking?

Segment One: PHX-LAX 12/01/05
Segment Two: LAX-EZE 12/01/05
Segment Three: EZE-LAX 12/15/05
Segment Four: LAX-PHX 12/16/05 (assuming +1 arrival at LAX)

I have found when doing this, it will often price out the XX-LAX and the LAX-XXX segments seperately, as if you were buying two tickets, but put it on one ticket.

This isn't always the case, but the majority of the time I can get it to price correctly and do it on one ticket. It may cost an extra few dollars in booking fees, but it's better than two tix.

That said, I too sometimes travel using two seperate tix, usually when I can get a price break, but have MCO's or TCV's which need to be applied to each ticket and there is just no way to get it on the same ticket. In these cases, I allow plenty of time to connect. So far I haven't been burned, but I know it could happen.

SDF_Traveler
Excellent idea! ^

Also, the very small booking fee on Travelocity or Expedia would be well worth it in these cases. If the airlines start giving you the run around, you simply call the 800 number immediately for Travelocity or Expedia and tell them what's happening. One of my previous employers used Travelocity, which always fixed any travel problems or issues.