FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HP Misconnect to Intl flight. Am I entitled?
Old Jul 28, 2005, 12:24 am
Jaimito Cartero
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
HP Results

Well I called HP 2 1/2 weeks ago, as the LAX supervisor told me to. They offered to refund the tickets, but nothing else. The supervisor had told me to expect more, paying for the one night of lodgings and to pay the rebooking fee for the missed flight.

They said they didn't have those details, and they would have the LAX supervisor call me. It never happened. I had a lot of stuff going on, so I called back a couple of days ago.

The day before I had called 10 minutes before the Customer office closed, but waited on hold for 30 minutes, and I just gave up.

I called the next day, and detailed the problems. I got a very nice CS rep, who was very helpful. I just explained what I had been told at LAX, and went from there.

Results: Hotel room paid for, rebooking fee ($100 per) paid for. Tickets refunded since they only have $350 RT fares for the rescheduled flights in January. They also offered a $150 per compensation. I am extremely happy with this. Although this took some followup, they really came through.

I did not ask for any other compensation, but was offered the $150 per person, which I happily took.

I didn't even think that HP would cover anything the night of the incident, since it was a 30 minute delay. It was their phone rep who told me to go to the airport and see what they could do, and their manager was quite helpful as well.

Even though HP is a LCC now, I am very impressed with their handling of this. I really find that you can judge a company by how they handle problems. ^