FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Embassy Suites Orlando - North {US-FL}
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2005, 7:52 am
FLOIR

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Platinum, Choice Diamond, Priority Club Plat, DL Silver
I stayed at this hotel 7 weeks, 4 days each week, fairly recently. Recently enough that I got my 3 golf clubs from the stays.

The reception was always a waste of time. The only thing they ever had was the chips / salsa and the popcorn. (Oh, I guess a few times I saw pretzels there also, although I always ignored them.) Although sometimes they did not even have that. Several times I went down 10 or 20 minutes before closing and they had already cleaned the popcorn machine. It is one thing to have the exact same thing in a hotel with frequent turnover. But in a suites, where people probably stay for longer period of times, it would be nice to have some change to the same stale chips every night. At least a different type of stale chip!!

The plastic cups is surprising. I usually wanted to take it back to my room so I asked for plastic cups. Only about twice did I get them. The rest of the time they were out of them and had to serve me in glass.

Should I have complained about the times they closed early? Probably. But it was never worth the effort to me, although I do applaud the OP for letting management know directly. I always let them know on the check out comment cards. I didn't pick the hotel based on the reception, so if it was bad that is just something that will affect my selecting it again.

BTW - you should have seen it the last week I was there. There was an Avatar thing going on and the hotel was filled with them. They picked through the reception (and breakfast also) like so many locusts through a field.