FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Diamond reward override, only once per yer????
Old Jul 24, 2005, 2:55 pm
hhonorman

Thank you all for your input, it is greatly appreciated. What concerns me the most is that the Diamond desk rep. that I spoke with said that this is not a new policy. When I asked if he was certain, he replied that he was because for years part of his job was processing (allowing or denying) such requests. He seemed to have quite a bit of knowledge about the subject, and I did not get the impression that he was some newly hired representative not yet up to speed with all of the finer points of the program. That's what gave me the most concern. Nevertheless, he did say that he would put in my request and he indicated that he thought I had a very good chance of receiving the override. Our entire conversation was polite and cordial, despite being quite concerning to me. Of further concern was when he indicated that I have had an inordinate amount of "special override requests" in my history. I've only had four or five, maybe six at the most over several years, and none to date this year until this request yesterday. Does my history sound inordinate to any of you? From some of the responses listed above, it doesn't sound like I'm that out of the ordinary.

Another question for you all: When a hotel has rooms for sale on the date I need a reward, which is a non-extraordinary demand period, shouldn't a reward room for a diamond member be virtually automatic? Isn't that the huge distinction between the tiers of Gold and Diamond, besides the increase in bonus points?