FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Adding Injury to Insult
View Single Post
Old Jul 21, 2005, 9:47 pm
Cholula
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by rnovak
Allright.. I made the typical mistake. I flew Sunday night, had a meeting Monday morning, and checked my bag. Needless to say, my bag didn't make my flight (nevermind that the flight sat at the gate for 3+ hours because of a ATC ground hold in EWR).

Well, the wonderful people at Baggage 'services' from Delta were kind enough to provide me with a complementary toiletry kit. Is it me, or is giving me a kit that contians generic toothpaste, deodorant, a single blade razor, a 'brush' that could rip your scalp out, shaving cream that's thinner than milk, and other generic garbage, just adding insult to injury? (Or in the case of the razor Injury to insult).

Come on Delta, don't spend more on the packaging for the kit than the items inside. You lost my luggage, why should I suffer with having to use this stuff while you hunt down the bag you 'delayed'
I'm afraid what was once known as the RON kit may go the way of the dodo bird soon.
So I'd probably just take what they offer and be glad for it.
BTW, most decent hotels also have an amenity kit that you can request when you check in. We had to request one at a Marriott last week when one of our bags ended up in New Hampshire while we were in Illinois.....