FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade Policy For Families/Parties
View Single Post
Old Jul 21, 2005, 1:27 pm
JenniferNAz

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by KevAZ
Too full flights when revenues are too low to make a profit is a sign of stupidity, not a sign of "good things to come." My concern is that HP is packing their flights with low revenue passengers who aren't adding to the bottom line (profitability) while making higher revenue (profitable) customers more uncomfortable. There is a happy medium - I can, and am willing to pay an extra $100/seat round trip not to get stuck on a flight full of first time fliers either while me and my family are flying on vacation or while I am flying on business. I am questioning whether HP is really close to their customers - I doubt it. They are going after Southwest customers. I don't fly Southwest for a reason.......

I have heard this comment a number of times recently. I am not seeing any of these cheap fares. I have been booking flights for myself (a Plat) as well as my family and friends for all sorts of routings and have yet to see anything that I would call a cheap fare. I am paying 50-100% more for all my flights this year over flights last year at the same time.

Where is everyone getting the information about these cheap flights? What routes are these on?

Jennifer