FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade Policy For Families/Parties
View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2005, 9:15 pm
KevAZ

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
Angry

Originally Posted by kanerf
The increasing unavailability of F seats for upgrades means that HP is selling those seats which bodes well for the airline. Other messages about very full flights are also encourging for the health of the airline. I would rather have an airline to upgrade on rather than find a place to spend my miles in a hurry on a sinking ship. Plentiful upgrades are not a rosy picture for the airline, though they may be for elites.
I am not griping about lack of F upgrades - I didn't want this latest upgrade! I wanted to stay with my family as a group in couch!!! DUH

Sorry to be so blunt, but you don't seem to grasp the issues that I posted about, but rather to toss off my concerns as b i t c h i n g.

I am willing and able to buy F seats, yet they aren't available on direct flights longer than an hour - HP is walking away from F revenue booked in the last week - I can prove it! Yet when I don't want to be upgraded on a short flight (SNA/PHX) because I am traveling with family I get yanked out of the group and tossed up front.

Too full flights when revenues are too low to make a profit is a sign of stupidity, not a sign of "good things to come." My concern is that HP is packing their flights with low revenue passengers who aren't adding to the bottom line (profitability) while making higher revenue (profitable) customers more uncomfortable. There is a happy medium - I can, and am willing to pay an extra $100/seat round trip not to get stuck on a flight full of first time fliers either while me and my family are flying on vacation or while I am flying on business. I am questioning whether HP is really close to their customers - I doubt it. They are going after Southwest customers. I don't fly Southwest for a reason.......

You seem to have a rosy view of HP - glad that you're happy. Hope that the middle seat you get stuck in is comfortable for you. Are you paying full business fare?

In the meantime, they have some real issues to work out. I've managed a global air express business, this isn't that much different. I question whether they are being pulled by some revenue analyst in Tempe or if their execs really have a vision. I don't see the vision when they are flying the airline into the ground full with underpaying, overweight customers on board.