FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to Spend 670k Points on One Trip, Honeymoon trip report with photos (BOB/SYD)
Old Jul 18, 2005, 3:09 pm
wizzy

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Jailer
Mrs. Jailer and I are off to Oz next summer for a family reunion and will stop over in either Bora Bora or Fiji. While your trip report is tipping the scale (of course, lack of Qantas awards could seal the deal), could you comment on taking a 16 y.o and a six y.o. to the resort? Thanks, J-man.
I was actually surprised by the number of families we saw there. It wasn't a huge number, maybe 4 or 5 over the course of our stay, but still more than I expected. The kids seemed to be having a great time, and were well behaved. The families seemed to leave their bungalows and spend much of their time on the beach, where people could hit the pool, snorkel, sunbathe, kayak, etc all within sight, depending on your location. We didn't see any families taking the nightly shuttles into town, at least the 7:15 shuttle. Perhaps they stayed on the motu, or dined earlier.

The Sheraton in Moorea seemed to have a lot more children running around, at least on the weekend, but still not overwhelming by any means.