FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Annual Fee Issue
View Single Post
Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:48 pm
Kyle53719

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K GS, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, Avis Chairman, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by WhiteAMEX
I should elaborate here; I had the Chase Visa Infinite Card with an annual fee of $150 paid every November. In January I received notification from Chase that the rewards program was being reworked and I would receive information about the new rewards system in June. Additionally, no points would be earned during that period, but in June I would receive 8,000 bonus points.

Well, come June I received a letter stating that Chase was discontinuing the card and would change me over to another card that has no annual fee. Therefore, I opened a dispute with the company to attempt to get a prorated refund of the remaining 5 months of the annual fee. I received notification in the mail referring to the terms of the card, which stated that the card must be cancelled within 30 days to receive a refund of the annual fee. My dispute was denied.

It all seems a bit shady. I believe Chase likely knew of the cards discontinuance before January and was simply attempting to pocket the annual fee here. What recourse do I have, now that my dispute was denied?
Well, it is certainly not your fault that they discontinued the program. I don't know what else you could do since you already complained to their disputes department. Since it was an involuntary change from their Visa Infinite product to, I would assume, a Signature product I would note that you are losing the infinite benefits that you have pre-paid for. That's almost $75 that you are losing.

I have always had mediocre to bad experiences with Chase and will discontinue my relationship with them once my renewal for the Chase Continental World comes up.