FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Standby for International?
View Single Post
Old Jul 18, 2005, 11:08 am
belle3388

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
Originally Posted by vinnmann
I have an award booked for early next year that goes ATL-MXP-FCO. There were/are no Skysaver seats on the ATL-FCO flight. The beginning of January is not a high demand time to Italy. Will DL let me change to the ATL-FCO flight when I arrive in ATL if there are seats available in BE, but none in 'O' class? I currently have ATL-FCO waitlisted, and it leaves 25 minutes before ATL-MXP. Therefore, I could wait at the ATL-FCO gate until they closed the door. I would like to think that they would let me on if there was an empty BE seat as then they would not have to get a seat from AZ for the MXP-FCO leg.
I have successfully done that many times at ATL (don't know about other airports). While checking in, ask if there are seats available on the non-stop flight, telling them also that you are on the waitlist. Unless the flight is sold out, I am pretty sure they will let you change.

(For our trip to Amsterdam last month, we were ticketed ATL-JFK-AMS and waitlisted ATL-AMS. I asked upon check-in for non-stop, both of us were cleared. No fee. ^ )