FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FLL travelers be on notice
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2005, 1:39 pm
Evan!

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
FLL travelers be on notice

I live in Fort Lauderdale and have been flying DL constantly for about 8 years now.

Recently I was confused to find that one of my upcoming flights was an all-coach 737-800. I posted a thread on this forum (click here) and was told that DL uses Delta Shuttle planes on weekends sometimes.

I now have THREE trips between now and the end of August that have one leg in a shuttle all-coach 737. I need to be more careful when I am booking from now on because I did not take note of the aircraft before confirming my intinerary on line three times now. One of the legs is FLL > SLC!!!!! Because another poster had warned us that DL just processed a bunch of schedule changes I checked my upcoming itineraries to see if my seat assignments had disappeared and that is when I noticed that my upcoming SLC leg is in all-coach equipment. If this were song I would not mind because I would have the IFE and I like song.

So if you live in South Florida or plan to fly here soon you might want to be extra careful when booking if you want an upgrade. Looks like Delta is moving a lot of their shuttle craft to Florida routes on weekends. I almost fly exclusively on Sundays and Fridays so I need to be one of the people that checks carefully.

I have never flown Delta Shuttle. How is the seat pitch? I have a portable DVD player so I can enjoy a movie on the long flight from FLL to SLC but will they have food? I was hoping to get some sleep on the flight but if the seats are the typical coach pitch I will not be able to rest. Usually the FLL > SLC flights in FC have a meal. I would suspect that a DL shuttle plane would not have any room for meal carts. I guess I need to pack a lunch.

It doesn't bother me if I fly coach from FLL > ATL because it is not a very long flight. But the FLL > SLC flight is one minute shy of 5 hours! I was hoping to at least have the CHANCE of being upgraded.

I suspect that DL has moved all of their 757s that used to service FLL over to song and that is why we are getting shuttle equipment on weekends. Blah!

Last edited by Evan!; Jul 16, 2005 at 1:57 pm