FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Possible first timer on HP - what to expect (YYZ-LAS, F)
Old Jul 16, 2005, 10:42 am
Jetsetter2Ord

Hello SwissTony!

I might be the FA on your flight, as I have been working that route quite often. In FC you will get a nice leather seat, possibly with the adjustable headrest. In regards to a meal service, unfortunately you will be provided with a bag of snack mix, and free flowing beverages yes served in a plastic cup. However, we are required to "cut off" those who may seem or appear intoxicated during flight. You also will be provided a Free headset to watch the inflight entertainment, including a feature film, short subject and a trivia program and 10 audio music channels.

I would suggest if your going to be hungry to bring on board something to eat. There may only be enough snack mix provided for the flight to give you one, as this flight is provisioned in PHX for the inbound flight.

Be nice to the inflight crew, as we have a LONG duty day 12.5hrs, and are required to clear Canadian customs, and clear back thru US customs in the short ground time we have on the ground. Last wk we had only 30 minutes to do all of that and get to the plane 5minutes before they reboarded, (the crew didnt even have time to grab a bite to eat, use a restroom, or even make a phone call) you could make brownie points by giving the crew a treat that you may have purchased in a gift shop while waiting for your flight. ^

All in all, you will be given professional service and get you safely from point A to point B. Be thankful you have a F class seat, those in back are sometimes packed in pretty full.

So sit back relax and enjoy your flight!