FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - You and your Boss, Upgrades and not. . .
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2005, 7:03 am
iCorpRoadie

Programs: Delta DM
You and your Boss, Upgrades and not. . .

So a bunch of us that work together that FLY everywhere were talking at dinner last night. We recounted a story when we all worked at the same company and FLEW EVERYWHERE for work. Once the CEO of the company was going to fly with us, well we were all upgraded to First and he wasn't. At the time one of the co-workes and the CEO were not on good terms and told his supervisor that if anything was said about us all being in first and the CEO being back in coach, he would quit his job (at the time we were all at a point where we wanted to quit).

Sure enough, as we all preboarded and sat there in first drinking and such, the rest of the cabin began to fill in, the CEO of our company at the time boarded and well as he walked past under his breath he said "you f***ers". Needles to say the one that threatened to quit did that week. Over the course of two years we all were either fired or quit that were on that flight and we all formed a sorta co-op of working together and are WAY better off now than ever before.

That being said, when you travel with your upper mangment, and you get upgraded and they don't purchase a First ticket, do you feel bad? I don't. I have had my BIS for way to many miles to care. If they have a problem with it, they need to go and purchase or sit their BIS for that many miles. When I am on the road for over 1/2-3/4 of the year away from my loved ones, it is the price or the perk of my job.