FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What does an Above and Beyond certificate do for employees?
Old Jul 11, 2005, 3:50 pm
Rosco

Originally Posted by Jetsetter2Ord
As an employee, if we collect 10 A&Bs we get 2 roundtrip positive space tickets. Of course we have to pay tax for the value of the ticket thats taken out of our paycheck.
Many employees use them to help get family members on flights, as with our buddy pass system, and the full flights, its very difficult to get on flying standby these days.
As a suggestion, if you have A&Bs give them out and dont hold onto them til after they expire, nothing worse than finally getting one for a job well done to find out its expired...its like a slap in the face.
I recently had a Silver member say he would send me one after a job well done, amazing,I got the letter in my mailbox at work, but NO A&B card..I think he thought that if he stated in the letter to provide one for my good work that HP would provide one. Well that didnt happen.
Anyway it was a nice jesture to be recognized even though I didnt get an A&B.
It seems that only the first class FA seem to get them, now and then I will get one while working coach. But then again when I have worked first class and provide an outstanding service, most of the Elites fail to recognize good service, not even a thank you.
I enjoy my job regardless.
I still have mine from 2004, I also have all 2005 Above & Beyond Certificates, my question is can I give more than 1 Certificate to the same person?, as I have received great service from an agent several different times in the past I am sure I will see her again in August.

As for your outstanding service in First Class you must be an exceptional person because 99% of the time when I was up Graded in 2004 I received absolutely Zero service from the person serving the forward cabin, I was up graded on 26 round trip flights last year that would be a total of 52 flights in First Class.