FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concerned about credit card security at GP
Old Jul 9, 2005, 11:41 am
vandykes44

Programs: LatinPass Million Miler
Concerned about credit card security at GP

I posted a few days ago about fraudulent charges I experienced on a credit card after I had emailed that credit card information to GP when requesting tickets on June 24. The fraudulant charges were made to my card on June 28.

Today I received my credit card bill for my American Express card, the card I usually use, only to find out that someone had fraudulently charged $1498 to Staples in Florida on June 16 on my card. The charge prior to that fraudulent charge was for some taxes and ticketing charges to GP in Miami on June 14. Surprisingly, they only used my card that one time. Like I've done many times before, I had given GP my credit card information over the phone for necessary ticketing charges.

Both accounts have been closed but I'm very concerned about the security of credit card information at GP. The fact that 2 of my credit cards were compromised after contacting GP seems very suspicious. I plan to write a letter over the weekend to John Jackson about this situation.

Note: Check your credit cards carefully if you've supplied that information to GP recently to ensure that someone else isn't using your credit card number.