FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is your ticket response number and how many tickets!
Old Jul 5, 2005, 10:23 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by vandykes44
I can verify that GP's email is not secure as I did include my CC# in the message to GP. I've never written my CC# in an email before; however, I was afraid that if I called it in or faxed it in and it was not readily available with my award reservation request, that GP might not ticket my awards. So I said a prayer and sent the email with my CC#.

Today, my credit card was denied when I went to make a purchase. I called my credit card customer service to find out that they had put a hold on my account because of suspicious activity. Sure enough, someone tried to make purchases in Georgia with my number. Fortunately, they were only able to make 2 purchases before shutting down my account.

Lesson learned the hard way.
sorry to hear the bad news and Thanks for posting about it, as Im positive that you werent the Only one to email your CC info.

as a precaution I will monitor my CC accts very closely least somehow anything was ill gained and not stopped as your Bank was on top of yours. Are you certain that they got the info via GPs site? not that Im not gonna assume otherwise