FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No More Tickets in House!
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2005, 12:03 pm
rhinochaser

What is the GP / TACA Arrangement for the Awards?

Does anyone know what the arrangement is between GP and TACA for the award travel? Is it GP that has to pay for all of these award tickets, or is it TACA? If it is GP, I agree that we could be in big trouble. If it is TACA, then I would think that GP must have some sort of formal agreement with them that obligates them to provide the tickets. If the cost is TACA's, once GP has the ticket stock from TACA, there would be little reason for GP to not send them out as promised, as they would face much bad publicity and possible litigation.

My reason for posing this is partly to try to help reassure myself that we will get our tickets issued, but also to reassess the need to pay the expedite fee if we "know" that GP has the ticket stock and maybe has also actually written our tickets. It seems that at this point, it may be all about whether TACA provide GP with the ticket stock or not. If they do, we get our tickets - if they don't, we don't get our tickets. The expedite fee is not likely to affect any of this, unless they were to run out of ticket stock again, with expedites possibly being written up first.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this?