FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions re: CRJ900
View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 2005, 12:18 pm
AgtMulder

Originally Posted by mac5192117
Call reservations and try to get another direct flight. if you can't, change the RJ flight to a real aircraft.
This will incur a change fee if done over the phone. You won't succeed. 99 & 3/4% guaranteed.

A better way to change flights is with a smile at the gate. I'd try standing by for an earlier flight if a mainline jet is what you really want (if Airbus service is available, although I don't think it is from that station this time of year).

Anywho, I prefer rows 1 & 2 just because my RJ flights are always under 90 minutes and it allows me on and off quicker. I can't even stand up straight in those things in the aisle -- so yeah. Try to get row 1. Pretty decent leg room, although these seats are not always released in advance - elites seem to end up in row 2 most of the time.

In regards to gate checking, the strictness of the ground folks' propensity to "pink tag" you depends on the station. Anything larger than a briefcase I'd check voluntarily. Of course, the flight is almost always guaranteed to be held up by some genius who is trying to fit a (few) large object(s) (once even a *@&#&* COMPUTER MONITOR in a box) into the overhead bin.

In regards to upgrades, what is your status? Although, if you are flying on a CRJ there is no F section so calling for anything else other than new seat assignments is pointless. If you are continuing on with other flights it may be worth a call if the system doesn't auto-up you.